[Gdal-dev] saving GeoTiff

Ayman Kamal kamal_jo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 10:02:39 EST 2003

ok sir, I figured out that the pixel size decides how
long does the pixel represent in actual model system
units, as the scale factor for geograpich maps,

1. Now I just want to know, for the 4 mentioned
coordinate systems
"NAD27", "NAD83", "WGS72", "WGS84" what are the units
of the model system?? I want to ask the user to
explain this for the user.

2. What are the ranges for valid data the user can
provide for the top left corner of image & for pixel
size.

3. I saved a certain image using GDAL and each time
changed the pixel size,and then opened this image
using GDAL and noticed that there was no difference in
how the image looked like, I am sure of that. Can you
explain?

http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_datamodel.html