[Gdal-dev] 1 and 4 bits image

Sylvain Rioux sylvain.rioux at softmaptech.com
Thu May 1 10:25:11 EDT 2003

Andrey,

First of all, I'm now able to read 1 and 4 bits images. Thanks to Frank for
his quick response, as always.

Yes, I'm a child of the Microsoft generation so you're right about the
Windows BMP format. I need to be able to read all the file formats GDAL is
able to read in order to develop a free software (available at the end of
June) that will be able to georeference a file from any source and output as
GeoTIFF (eventually any other formats I'll be able to write).

Thanks!

Sylvain