[Gdal-dev] code to guess the pixels and lines of a raw image

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Nov 11 10:59:05 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:10:53PM +0800, Fu Chen wrote:
> This is a small script to guess the pixels and lines of a raw image. I
> think photoshop use the same engine, but more efficient. I hope this
> code will be useful for some pals. Enjoy!

Fu Chen,

We are moving in the similar directions! Today I have commited the
guessing code in raw2tiff utility in the libtiff package. My method
utilizes statistical approach by the calculating correlation coefficient
between two lines at the image center. Of course, it is more
computations in that method, but it can give better results, I believe.

Though I think this is good for raw2tiff utility, I don't see the place
for such guessing in GDAL.

Everyone interesting in this code can fetch it from the libtiff CVS
repository:

 http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/

					Regards,
					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517