R: R: [Gdal-dev] Compile latest cvs under Solaris 2.8

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Wed Oct 8 08:35:40 EDT 2003

Almost. I changed the appropriate section in GDALmake.opt.in to

ifneq ($(ORACLE_HOME),)
HAVE_OCI = yes
OCI_INCLUDE =   -I$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/demo -I$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/public
OCI_LIB =       -L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -lclntsh
LIBS += $(OCI_LIB)
else
HAVE_OCI = no
endif

Now it looks like we're rid of the OCI stuff, but the GDALRasterBand
issue remains.

GDALRasterBand::FreeClassNames(char**, int*)../.libs/libgdal.so
GDALRasterBand::GetClassNames(int*)   ../.libs/libgdal.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/ogrinfo

Thanks anyway.
best regards
Oliver