[Gdal-dev] porting of gdal to (optional) libtool build finally completed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 09:53:20 EDT 2003

Sy,

Thats good information.  I assume you have been pleased with it so far in
actual use?

While I am in no big rush to rework the GDAL build architecture again just
now, I am wondering if OpenEV might not benefit from this.  Currently OpenEV's
build structure is pretty half-assed, and OpenEV builds are currently pretty
complicated.  Also, OpenEV requires Python, so we wouldn't have to worry about
gripes from the folks who don't want to have to install Python.

I will try to look at this at some point for OpenEV.