[Gdal-dev] Tiff on the CD

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Oct 24 08:36:42 EDT 2003

I think you have two choices:

If you need to have the user run the software so the data is read from
CD, your performance won't be very fast anyway and I wouldn't worry
about overviews.

If you intend to have the user install the data from CD on to a hard
disk, make the creation of overviews part of the installation process.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com