[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate - hdf translator

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sat Oct 25 06:56:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 02:50:49PM -0600, David.Hildebrand at gov.ab.ca wrote:
> Nothing.

Mmm... sorry, on what of my questions did you answered? If you don't
have a memory in your system it is impossible to do something with GDAL
:-)

By the way, there may be a problem with MODIS L1B datasets. These
datasets contain enormous amount of GCP points. In fact we need more
memory for GCPs storage than for the whole image itself. In Linux it is
a good test to look, how OOM killer works (256 MB is a minimum
requirement to work with 250m files, otherwise process always will be
cancelled by the kernel. It seems something similar happens in Windows
environment, but without any diagnostic messages). From other hand
direct using of GCPs with this datasets is quit useless, because
non-trivial preprocessing needed to obtain geometrically corrected well
georeferenced image. So I have disabled GCP extraction in the driver for
now and you may try to check out latest CVS tree or wait for a daily
snapshot.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517