[Gdal-dev] compile issues...

Byron Amerson byronea at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 31 12:37:45 EST 2003

Hello I am a new user (not yet really...). I would like to build gdal on
my mac running osx 10.3.  I will be using it in my build of grass5.

However I am having difficulty in the first phase of my build - the gdal
compile is not seeing my postgresql scripts...??

see error message:

checking for PostgreSQL... no
configure: error: --with-pg argument is a directory, but it should be the
path to the pg_config script

yet my build of postgres works, and indeed pg_config is in the directory I
specify (/usr/local/pgsql/bin).

any insight would be helpful.

also the --with-grass option is curious to me in that I specify the grass
lib, yet grass is not installed yet as I want gdal installed for the grass
build -  are there some circular dependancies here?

Byron Amerson
MS student
University of Washington
Department of Earth and Space Sciences