[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr on Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 vs. Red Hat 9

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 5 10:18:58 EDT 2003

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov wrote:
> Frank,
>       I ran valgrind on the cvs version and I got the following:
> [dnewcomb at r4gis athens]$ valgrind massspogr.pl

> ==22641== FATAL: M_PROCMAP_BUF is too small; increase it and recompile
> shape project failed at /usr/local/bin/massspogr.pl line 47, <NWILIST> line
> 1.

Doug,

It seems you ran valgrind on the perl script rather than the ogr2ogr program.
I would suggest capturing the exact commandline produced by the perl script
and then executing this by hand with valgrind.

A google search suggests the M_PROCMAP_BUF is some sort of valgrind build
constant.  Presumably we are exceeding some valgrind limit for memory tracking.
I don't think it is necessarily a significant issue unless it still happens
when running valgrind against ogr2ogr.

I would add we don't necessarily need the leak checking.  I am hoping to find
a memory access (illegal write, etc) error that might cause occasional failure.