[Gdal-dev] ESRI .hdr open bug?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Sep 20 11:56:15 EDT 2003

Vladimir Slepnev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that ESRI .hdr labelled datasets are not opened correctly - if
> opening a 3-band dataset, all 3 bands appear to be identical, which is
> wrong.
>
> Also, is support for writing ESRI datasets planned? what about ESRI BIP
> and BSQ?

Vladimir,

If you can prepare a bug report and attach .hdr files for any datasets giving
problems I will look into improvements.  I don't have any ESRI software I can
use to prepare various combinations.

The ESRI .hdr labelled driver was not developed for a commercial customer, so
it has just evolved as problems have come up.