[Gdal-dev] image subsetting for arbitrary polygon

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Mon Sep 22 10:06:06 EDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 08:09:12PM -0500, Xiaodong Zhang wrote:
> Does anybody know of an open source code for subsetting an image with
> an area of interest of arbitrary shape. I know GDAL utility offers one
> function for subsetting an image by a rectangle. Thanks

It depends on how do you want to specify a region. You can split this
task in to parts:
 - subset input image with rectangular ROI;
 - apply an arbitrary shaped mask to the result.

Mask may be prepared with your region parameters: by rasterizing a
vector map or by converting from a raster.

					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517