[Gdal-dev] img format resizing

list67 at netscape.net list67 at netscape.net
Thu Apr 1 14:49:09 EST 2004

Hello.

I have a possible bug to report.

I have a .img file.  When I run:
gdalwarp -rb -of HFA -ot Byte -wm 512 -ts 1487 2899 ./beforeResize.img ./afterResize.img
the afterResize.img file is upside down.  Does anyone know if there is something about the above command that should be changed?

I'm using a cvs version of gdal that was updated today.  The beforeResize.img file is about 4.5 MB when gzipped.

Also, the reason I'm using the .img format is that I have a program that needs to be able to work with large image files (36GB is the max size so far).  The geotiff format has the file size limit.  The .img format seems to get unexpectedly large when making modifications to the file.  I don't have any test results to back this up.  Can anyone recommend one of the other image formats that are suitable for large images files?

Thank you for your time.

    Mike

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.