[Gdal-dev] ECW / JPEG2000

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 5 20:41:28 EDT 2004

Folks,

There has been some discussion about the inclusion of JPEG2000 support in
the ERMapper ECW SDK.  I have downloaded and verified that I can read
JPEG2000 files using it with GDAL.  No code changes are required except for
broading the set of extensions allowed in the ECW driver in GDAL.

The ECW 3.0 Beta SDK does not include source, but my understanding is that
source will be provided with the final release - hopefully allowing a port
to Linux.