RES: RES: RES: [Gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 14 12:23:54 EDT 2004

Gabriel Moricz wrote:
> Hello Frank...
>
> Well...I have compiled GDAL, and now trying to compile MapServer...
>
> well it gave a error like always
>
> My configure Was:
> ./configure --with-gd=/usr/local --with-proj=/usr/local --with-gdal=/usr/loc
> al/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-curl-config=
> /usr/local/bin --with-wmsclient --with-ming --with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/
> bin/pg_config --with-wms --with-wfsclient --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/apache
>
> the mapserver error is very big:
> ./libmap.a(mapgdal.o): In function `msGDALInitialize':
> mapgdal.o(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `GDALAllRegister'
> mapgdal.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `CPLQuietErrorHandler'
> Do u have any idea why does it happened???

Gabriel,

I would suggest we take this off the gdal-dev list.

BTW, you omitted the all important link line from just before the link
errors.  I would imagine that the GDAL library was not included for
some reason.  It would be helpful for you to indicate:

  o what does "/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --libs" report?
  o what link line was used by MapServer?
  o What version of MapServer are you using?  4.0.2 includes a configuration
    related fix for GDAL 1.2.0 compatibility.

Don't be too scared of the MapServer Makefile.  You can always edit it
after the configure to fix things up a bit.