[Gdal-dev] GeoJP2K: Unable to view 16-bit data

Valentine Anantharaj val at GRI.MsState.Edu
Fri Apr 30 15:12:14 EDT 2004

Greetings!

I am unable to view some16-bit GeoJP2K files, created using GDAL w/
Kakadu support.  The viewer window was simply blcak.  I tried them using
both 'kdu_show' and the MSI viewer as well as their ArcView plug-ins.  I
also got similar results (everything just black) from the '16-bit
comparison' samples from:

    ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/jpeg2000/16bitcomparison

The 8-bit, 3 channel RGB files display fine in both kdu_show and MSI
viewer.  Any recommendation for viewing 16-bit GeoJP2K files?  I do not
have the necessary patches/sevice-packs/modules for ENVI 4.0 or IMAGINE 8.6.

Thanks.

Regards,

VGA