[Gdal-dev] S57 driver: the second import

Tore Halset halset at pvv.ntnu.no
Thu Aug 19 15:03:37 EDT 2004

On Aug 19, 2004, at 19:39, Tore Halset wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2004, at 12:25, Tore Halset wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to run ogr2ogr multiple times to import different s-57
>> data cells into postgis?
>
> Using both "-update" and "-lco OVERWRITE=YES" seem to fix the problem.
> I also upgraded gdal from version 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.

Wrong!

-append -lco OVERWRITE=YES. Does not work if the cell has a layer that
does not exist in the database.

-update -lco OVERWRITE=YES does update features in the database with
features in the new cell. An import of a cell with some LNDARE will
work, but some of the old LNDARE in the base disapears. Perhaps
DSID-DSNM should have been included in the where-part of the query?

  - Tore.