[Gdal-dev] python and gdal

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Tue Aug 31 12:14:58 EDT 2004

From: "Andrey Kiselev" <dron at ak4719.spb.edu>

From: "Frank Warmerdam" <warmerdam at pobox.com>
> I have the /usr/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile on my redhat 8.0 system
> which was installed from RPMs, so they do exist.

Partly my fault. I'm using a modified version of Mdk 9.2 called BlueHawk
(containing all updates and extra drivers and software when compared to a
regular Mdk 9.2). For some reason there is no python-devel included on the
installation CDs and after having installed all the Python bits available I
thought I have everything installed, which was dumb :). I found the missing
python-devel on the genuine Mandrake 9.2 CD and all is fine now.

So, today it is the first time ever when I managed to install PROJ, GDAL and
GRASS alltogether from source. Thank you all!

Maciek