[Gdal-dev] GDAL compile MinGW

Pete Nagy Peter.Nagy at vexcel.com
Wed Dec 15 19:42:55 EST 2004

Hello all (my apologies to those on both lists) ->

  I am attempting a cygwin gcc type of solution to building all of the
dependencies of the open source OpenEV, which includes GTK (glib, pango,
etc.), GDAL, MESA, etc..  Because MESA does not provide a cygwin gcc
makefile, but does seem to have MinGW support, and because GTK provides
precompiled MSVCRT binaries which are supposedly easier to use by apps
built with MinGW instead of cygwin gcc -no-cygwin, I am now trying to
compile GDAL with MinGW.  I've hacked a fix to jmorecfg.h to get the libs
to build, but pymod did not build without some hacks to the paths in the
GDALMake.opt, and now the apps do not build.  Has anyone built this code
with MinGW before, or does anyone have any experiences they can share with
building GDAL and/or these other libraries with gcc or MinGW?  Please
tell me I don't have to succumb to MS...

  Thanks,

-> Pete

Pete Nagy                                        tel: (303) 583-0248
Vexcel Corporation                               fax: (303) 583-0246
http://www.vexcel.com                           home: (303) 823-2336