[Gdal-dev] Linux port problem

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Wed Dec 22 19:21:00 EST 2004

Bruce,

It would be helpful if you included the command you are attempting to
execute, the stdout and stderr it is producing, your platform specifics,
(i.e., OS vender, kernel rev. & system architecture), and your compiler
(version).

You don't need root access to build gdal, just execute permission to the
compiler, (make tools, preprocessor), read access to shared libraries
and headers, and write access to some place (i.e., your home directory)
where you can compile (and ultimately execute) your binaries. However, I
am confused as to what you're trying to do. Are you attempting to link
GDAL to an application you wrote, or some other (perhaps common)
application? I'm also confused by your statement, "it kept looking for
SQL files."

Jack Varga