[Gdal-dev] Bug on gdal hdf format webpage?

Vincent Schut vincent at ecovla.nl
Thu Dec 23 05:27:05 EST 2004

Hi all,

the gdal webpage about the hdf format
(http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_hdf4.html) says you don't need to
recompile gdal when you change the MAX_FILE setting in hdf's hlimits.h and
recompile the hdflib. However, my experience is different: the change in the
max number of open files of the hdf driver in gdal only changes after
recompiling gdal too. Which probably makes sense because the hdf lib is
linked statically into gdal, and not dynamically?

Am I the only one experiencing this behaviour, or is it a bug on the webpage?

I'm on an amd64 gentoo linux system, using the hdf library from gentoo
(4.2.0-r3) and the latest gdal from cvs.

Regards,
Vincent.