[Gdal-dev] Re: 1.2.5 compilation problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 30 10:18:02 EST 2004

Piero Cavalieri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile 1.2.5 version, but on make I have:
>
> gdaldrivermanager.cpp:162: error: `CPLGetConfigOption' undeclared (first
> use this function)
>
> and in fact CPLGetConfigOption is declared in ../port/cpl_conv.h (and
> cpl_string.h is in the same dir). I thought this error was normal in
> this situation ...
>
> My compiler is g++ (GCC) 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)

Piero,

I don't know why this is happening.  Any possibility that you have include
files for a very antique version of GDAL somewhere on your system?  The build
is supposed to use local versions of the include files in preference to system
versions, but this can occationally get messed up.

If that isn't the case, then you will likely need to dig through it carefully
yourself.