[Gdal-dev] latest in the hdf-gdal-grass hdf-eos saga....

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Sun Feb 1 07:46:13 EST 2004

Jeff,

On Saturday 31 January 2004 20:31, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
> Here are some scenes from last weeks episode:

[snip]

> Under FreeBSD 5.0
> I wasn't able to build  the version in /usr/ports since it appears there's
> some problem with the LaTeX code? Here's the build (using make) stop

AFAIK gdal doesn't depend on latex, this looks strange, anyhow...

> So I tried downloaded the gdal-1.1.9 source code and building as a "normal"
> project. I ran ./configure, then make and got the following results:

[snip]

> config.status: port/cpl_config.h is unchanged
> $ make
> make: no target to make.
> $
>
> So I can't even get gdal-1.1.9 to build manually.

the gdal build system depends on the GNU flavor of 'make', if you are lucky
FreeBSD packages GNU make as well as their standard make. look for something
like 'gmake'.

then you may try to build gdal with:
$ .configure
$ gmake

i'm not sure if gdal 1.1.9 actually builds on FreeBSD.
however if you it doesn't and you still have energy :) you might have better
luck with the current cvs (grab a nighty snapshot) which uses libtool (and
still depends on GNU make).

hope this helps,
alessandro