[Gdal-dev] max number of simplesources in vrt rasterband?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Feb 3 12:04:22 EST 2004

Folks,

I have a vrt file with approx. 1800 simplesource items (SRTM tiles). Gdal
always gives an error (with gdalinfo, gdal_translate, ...) for the 1020th
file in the vrt file. If I try to open this individual raster file with gdal,
everything goes fine. If I change the order of the simplesources, the error
still comes at the 1020th simplesource (which is another raster file then) So
I suspect there is a maximum at the number of simplesources that can be
defined in one vrt file?
If so, is it possible to enlarge this number?

Cheers,
Vincent.