[Gdal-dev] GDAL + Linux x86-64 support?

Robert Osfield robert at openscenegraph.com
Sun Feb 8 18:01:54 EST 2004

I have just built myself a Althon64 based Suse9.0 64bit Linux box, and have
downloaded the cvs version of gdal and run ./configure, make but get the
error from make:

gdal>./configure
....  last line says..
checking for MrSIDImage.h in /include... configure: error: not found.

gdal> make
GNUmakefile:5: GDALmake.opt: No such file or directory

I'm not a configure expert, so havn't rolled my sleeves up and delved in. I
also haven't included the whole configure output here as I'm writing this
email from my old Linux box without a direct connection or email set up on
the yet.  I'll include this tomorrow if required.

So, is x86-64 Linux supported by GDAL?  If not what are your thoughts on
support for x86-64?  If yes, suggestions on what to tweak at my end would be
very welcome.

Cheers,
Robert.