[Gdal-dev] problem with new pyton-gdal

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Tue Feb 10 11:26:54 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:52:03AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Fulko van Westrenen wrote:
> >IndexError: No layer BOYLAT on datasource

> >GetLayerCount() reports 4 layers, there should be 57(?)
> >
> >Downgrading is not an option. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?
>
> Fulko,
>
> The problem is that the S-57 reader can't find the S-57 .csv files such as
> s57objectclasses.csv.   Normally these would be installed in
> /usr/local/share/gdal, are they on your system?

Being the debian maintainer of gdal I checked whether
s57objectclasses.csv is in the corresponding packages. It is indeed
included in libgdal1_1.2+cvs.031111-1_i386.deb but will be located
in /usr/share/gdal after installation. Am I right, that libgdal1 is
installed on your system as well.

In this case this seems to be a bug in my package. Could you then
please file a bug? I will provide a new release to fix the bug as
soon as possible.

Frank, is it possible, that the function  CPLFinderInit in
port/cpl_findfile.cpp is responsible for  the searchpaths to finding
the right file? In this case $prefix/share/gdal should be added to
the FinderLocations or am I completely wrong? I don't know the code
too well.

Greetings,

	Silke

BTW: Is there any plan to release gdal 1.2.0? I am not too glad with
the CVS-version of gdal in debian. An official stable release would
be much better.