[Gdal-dev] missing libproj.so

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Wed Feb 11 21:00:32 EST 2004

Matt Wilkie writes:

> I have, but libproj.so is not created or installed, only libproj.a and
> libproj.la. I note that shared libraries are supposed to be built by
> default according to ./configure --help. I'm at the limit of knowledge
> here but am happy to keep trying out the various options until something

Matt
execute the following from your toplevel libproj dir
then the dll that is made into
your $install/bin dir and the libproj.dll.a into your $install/lib dir
where $install is the directory you specified with configure
< or that configure defaulted too >

if you look in your Makefile this is what 'prefix' is set too
i.e. on my system this is
prefix = /usr/local

gcc -shared -o cygproj.dll \
	-Wl,--out-implib=libproj.dll.a \
	-Wl,--export-all-symbols \
	-Wl,--enable-auto-import \
	-Wl,--whole-archive ./src/.libs/libproj.a \
	-Wl,--no-whole-archive /lib/libcygwin.a

HTH

Norman