[Gdal-dev] Python support under MinGW

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Feb 18 02:53:35 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:50:41AM -0500, Mario Beauchamp wrote:
Q> >FYI, VC++ Pro is only $109.00...
> Even if they were giving it away for free, I wouldn't want it :)
>
> I think it's important to push MinGW as an alternative and make
> software developpers aware of its existence.

There is a free open sourced Watcom compiler:

 http://www.openwatcom.com/

One of its main benefits in a MSVC compatibility: i.e. it has nmake, cl
and link utilities, compatible with appropriate MSVC ones. I have made a
few tweaks in makefiles recently to support Watcom compiler.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517