[Gdal-dev] Problems building gdal dll with libtool on MinGW

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Wed Feb 18 05:30:47 EST 2004

Andrey,

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 10:08, Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:52:38AM +0100, Alessandro Amici wrote:
> > i'd think that just doing 'configure' 'make' 'make install' 'a2dll'
> > should work as well (but i cannot try it since i don't have any
> > windows box at the moment)
>
> Moreover, it should work without a2dll. The only problem is an extrnal
> static libraries, as I have mentioned previously, but without externals
> libtool should build both static and dynamic versions cleanly. If build
> fails it should be considered as a bug.

i just resurrected my mingw cross-compile environment (on debian sid) and
indeed i get the shared library built out-of-the-box!

Mario, FYI jpeg support is broken under mingw by a double definition of INT32,
use './configure --with-jpeg=no'

on a side note: cross-compile is still quite broken i need to explicitely
disable pg and python support that are present on the build enviromnet, but
not on the host.

cheers,
alessandro