[Gdal-dev] Bug 499 (GDAL 1.2.0 release issues)

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Mon Feb 23 02:27:51 EST 2004

Frank,

On Friday 20 February 2004 00:35, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I have also created a bug report (listed in the wiki) on which bugs that
> are "1.2.0 release blockers" can mark as blocked by themselves.  I have
> marked a bunch of bugs as blocking the release and intend to go through
> them soon.

i could reproduce bug 499 (aix specific) on i686-pc-linux-gnu with:
$ ./configure --disable-static

it is a libtool bug instroduced somewhere before version 1.5.0a that is in
gdal now. it is not fixed in current libtool 1.5.2.

there are various way to work around it, i'm trying to find a better fix than
the *ugly* patch attached (that fixes the compile error on linux, but not the
spurios recompiles).

can you test the patch and apply it if it fixes the aix bug?

cheers,
alessandro