[Gdal-dev] 1.2.0a Release

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Feb 23 13:14:59 EST 2004

Ben Discoe wrote:

> I got the new GDAL to build on MSVC 7.1.  It did take a lot of work
> to hack all the build files to produce debug and release libraries
> with separate names, about an hour of tweaking nmake.opt and about a
> dozen places in the the 'makefile.vc' and 'Makefile' and
> 'mk_bin_dist' files.

Wonderful news Ben. As much as I like having cygwin-gdal at my disposal
for testing, native windows versions are easier to move around. I sure
hope all your work is portable so that when 1.2 final is out you (or
anyone else) don't have to do it all over again!

> The result of that work is a standard Win32 distro:
> http://vterrain.org/dist/gdal-120a-ntbin.zip (2.5MB)
>
> It has everything needed to work with GDAL in both Debug and Release.

except xerces-c_2_3_0.dll that is. :)

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,