[Gdal-dev] netCDF Support

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Wed Jan 7 22:53:31 EST 2004

Frank,

How will the dependencies work on Windows?  Currently vtdata calls the
NetCDF library to read netCDF, and calls GDAL for other formats.  I'm happy
to simplify by just calling GDAL.  You're using the netcdf DLL on Windows?
I presume there is a new option to build GDAL with or without NetCDF support
in order to toggle this dependency?

The big question is, will i (and other people building with vtdata/GDAL)
still need  to have netcdf.lib on their machine, or is this bundled up into
GDAL's library?  I.e. is the import library bundled or unbundled.  Bundling
would simplify things further for us, as that's one less .lib that needs to
be distributed.

Thanks,
Ben