[Gdal-dev] Creating a color geotiff

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Jan 14 16:17:03 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:45:08PM -0500, Brian Marchand wrote:
> When I use the "create" function does the type need to match the type
> that I use for the RasterIO function for a band? In this case both are
> set to GDT_Byte.

As Ed said the problem is in the your viewer, which can't properly
interpret your files. But your files also differs from the "true" RGB
ones. The files created with GDAL has Photometric Interpretation
"min-is-black" but "true" RGB file should set that tag as "RGB Image".
It is not possible to set that value using GDAL because it is software
to work with the complex multi band TIFFs, not only the simple one band
grayscale images or three band RGB ones.

On other hand it is possible to implement the option flag for the
Create() function to explicitly set the Photometric tag value, if it
is really needed.

						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517