[Gdal-dev] Creating a color geotiff

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at GRI.MsState.Edu
Wed Jan 14 18:29:16 EST 2004

> GDAL is supposed to produce TIFF files with a photometric
> interpretation of
> RGB if the band type is byte, and the number of bands is 3 or 4.  If this
> isn't the case, let me know so I can fix it.  As Andrey notes, there are
> situations where GDAL crates MINISBLACK files, even if they are 3 bands.
> Basically if the band type is anything but byte.
>
> Ideally we should add creation options to control the photometric
> interpretation
> explicitly.  If you need it we can do that.
Frank,
I think I will need these options, I will be outputting RGB->IHS images, or
performing wavelet transforms on images which will output 4 bands and
floating point data, etc.
I'm still not sure how MINISBLACK vs. PHOTOMETRIC_RGB affects my code.
Thanks,
Pushkar