[Gdal-dev] Convert from MINISBLACK TO PHOTOMETRIC_RGB

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Jan 27 02:49:22 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:31:01PM -0600, Pushkar Pradhan wrote:
> A few days ago I asked how to convert TIFs from MINISBLACK TO
> PHOTOMETRIC_RGB and Andrey had built this option into the latest GDAL.
> I just got back to this task and have installed the latest GDAL.
>
> However, I don't know which utility to use, is it gdal_translate? If
> yes, how do I use it?

Yes, you need gdal_trnslate:

 http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_utilities.html#gdal_translate

Every GDAL driver has a set of specific options (described at driver
help pages), for TIFF you can do

$ gdal_translate -of GTiff -co "PHOTOMETRIC=RGB" in.tif out.tif

to convert input MINISBLACK image to the RGB one.

						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517