[Gdal-dev] ASTER HDF Metadata problem

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Jan 28 15:18:32 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 12:38:19PM +0100, Fr?d?ric Trastour wrote:
> I would like to use GDAL to extract all the medata from ASTER Level 1A
> HDF Files.
>
> In this files, global metadata are stocked in attributes :
>     'coremetadata.0',
>     'productmetada.x', ( in my files x=0, 1)
>     'productmetada.y', ( in my files y=0, 1, v, s, x)
>     'structmetada.z'.    ( in my files z=0, 1)
>
> GDAL attempts to interpret all of them and success execpt for
> 'structmetadata'.
>
> The problem is the following : in my sample file structmetadata is
> divided in structmetadata.0 and structmetadata.1 but it is brutal cut
> ( at the #32000 char) of an unique ODL content.
>
> GDAL tries to parse these two attributes separately with
> HDFEOSParseStructMetadata and fails because it should concat the
> content of these two attributes before parsing.
>
> Am I right ?
>
> If will try to modify ReadGlobalAttributes in order to properly
> handle this case, but I don't know if I have to do the same processing
> (ie concat attr.0 .. attr.n ) for all other attributes or not.

Hi,

Could you send me contents of the the structmetadata attributes? In my
files I have single structmetadata only. Though it has exactly 32000
in size it is normally ended structure. It is possible they should be
concatenated together, but I'm sure it should not be done for other
attributes.

						Regards,
						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517