[Gdal-dev] Re: Fix for PNG byte order problems under x86

Robert Osfield robert at openscenegraph.com
Thu Jan 29 15:39:55 EST 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 18:59, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Robert,
>
> It seems the png_set_swap() function wasn't working for me.  I have
> modified the code to explicitly swap the data in the row reading method.

Could it be that the code doesn't pngdataset doesn't directly include
cpl_port.h so CPL_LSB is never defined, so the png_set_swap never gets
called?

I must admit I hadn't tested the addition of the #ifdef against the datafiles
today.  Originally when I did the testing it was without any guards, it
worked fine back then.  Sorry about this, I'm afraid my thoroughness has
obviously slipped, like yourself toooo bussyyyy!!!

Cheers,
Robert.