[Gdal-dev] Re: MinGW & GDAL: "[Linker error] undefined reference..."

J.Krueger kruegerj at gmx.de
Mon Jul 26 17:26:51 EDT 2004

Hi Mario,

Mario Beauchamp wrote:
> LIBS =  -L/local/bin -lgdal12
> [...] Also note the "LIBS" line:
> it means that we link directly with the gdal12.dll in /local/bin.

That did it! Thank you.

In the compiler options (linker command line) I added the path to the
library as shown in your example ("-Lc:/dev-cpp/gdal/lib -lgdal_i"), and
suddenly it worked. The only problem I see with that method is that I
suddenly seem to need about 20 additional dlls to run my program (I
found them all in the OpenEV path, tho). Any way to solve that?

> May I ask what you're trying to do? I see you open a "panDataset": is it for a fusion with an RGB
> dataset?

Jupp, I'm trying to fix (and somewhat improve) an old fusion tool I
often use at work. It only reads single-layer .lan files, so you have to
seperate the multispectral layers first and export them to the old ERDAS
format - which is annoying and time consuming (and that's where GDAL
comes in handy). At the same time I'm trying to make it more
user-friendly, adding a GUI and porting it to Win32 (while keeping it
platform independent). Basically I need to rewrite the tool from scratch
(but for the main algorithm).