[Gdal-dev] Memory leaks

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 13:47:24 EDT 2004

The visual studio leak reporting function is notoriously inaccurate. It
reports any allocations made in any dll initialization called before the
main program is started as a leak.

Step into your program and then see what heap allocation number currently is
right at the start. It is held in a static _lRequestCur in the CRT library.
A watch on

{,,msvcr71d.dll}_lRequestCurr

usually works if you are using the debug DLL runtime.

Anything in the heap dump which is lower than this number is probably
erroneous.

Roger