[Gdal-dev] losing geoinformation when doing fomat convertion

wu jianwei jianwei_wu1981 at msn.com
Sun Jul 11 09:18:21 EDT 2004

hello,I have built the GDAL for my application.When i use the GDAL
untilities gdal_translate to translate
from Erdas(*.img) Format to Geotiff,the
coordinates X,Yof the Start point¡¢the projection information exists but
the spheroid information ,coordinate type gets lost.When i translate from
the Erdas(*.img) format to the MFF(*.hdr) format,the gdal_translate
says"unable to load PROJ.4 library <proj.dll>creation of OGRCoordinate
Transformation failed." But the GDAL built result i got do not include
PROJ.4 library <proj.dll> at all.Maybe there are  some preparations should
be made before building
the GDAL,or should make some choice during the GDAL building,would you
please give me some advice on this? Thanks!