[Gdal-dev] Ogr2Ogr

Martin Hodder mhodder at highermappingsolutions.com
Mon Jul 12 17:39:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to this program but I am getting on OK.

I can specify ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" -dsco FORMAT=MIF C:\ogr\test.mif
test.tab and all works fine

But when I try ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" C:\ogr\test.shp c:\ogr\test.mif
it does not work.

It fails with the following message:-

Error 4: Failed to open shapefile C:\ogrC:\ogr\test.shp.

Error 1: terminating translation.

Note I have correctly given the error message in Error 4! It does not like
path names. I can do in the same directory with path names and it works
fine. The directory exists and the MIF file contains only points.

Does any know what is happening?

Many thanks

Martin