[Gdal-dev] xyz to gdal

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Thu Jul 22 15:31:13 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 05:36:59PM +0200, uli wrote:
> In the meantime I have done exactly what Jason Nielsen proposed by
> means of an awk script. Although it is thought only for
> GaussKrueger-System and 5-digit ("%5.1f") z-values, it may be easily
> adapted to other systems. Frank: It would however be nice to have this
> format in GDAL, maybe with support for irregularly spaced points...

I should note that there are many methods of regularization of the
irregular points. Moreover, those methods are closely related to the
nature of your data and to the results you are are want to get. So it is
not so trivial task. If we want to prepare the regularzation module we
should implement a bunch of the different methods, at least kriging,
tringulation, inverse distance --- those are come to mind in first of all.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517