[Gdal-dev] Built gdal with python support - error

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jul 24 16:14:59 EDT 2004

Lorenzo,

On Saturday 24 July 2004 00:14, Lorenzo Moretti wrote:
> I want to build a Python support for Gdal on OS X.
> Python version is 2.3.
>
> I have this error message in make:

yes, this is a known and yet unresolved bug... (but see below)

> (cd pymod; make)

[snip]

there are at least two old threads on the subject, where you can get a bit
more background, the more interesting is the one with subject: Python Module
Build in april this year.

you may try the following:
edit the setup.py script in the root directory changing:
LIBRARY_DIRS = ["./libs"]
LIBRARY_DIRS = ["./.libs"]
on line 69 (yes, this was a brain-not-found kind of error on my part back in
april... sigh! and i think i don't have cvs write access anymore).

then:
$ ./configure <...> --without-python
$ make
$ python setup.py build
$ su root "python setup.py install"

please report to the list if this finally works.

cheers,
alessandro

--
Alessandro Amici - Responsabile tecnico
B-Open Solutions srl - Via Casilina 3/T - 00182 Roma