[Gdal-dev] Question about gdal and ENVI.

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Jul 29 03:29:11 EDT 2004

Frank,

we do have a licensed copy of ENVI here, including documentation. Would it be
legal if I simply copy and paste (read: type over) some interesting parts? I
mean, scanning and sending this to you probably definitely is not legal. I
could of course try to rephrase some things in my own words.
Reason I ask is, I don't know if you might get in trouble by 'hacking' the
envi format this way...

Though probably illegal too, I'll cite the 'Permission to Reproduce this
Manual':
'If you are a licensed user of this product, Research Systems, Inc. grants you
a limited, nontransferable license to reproduce this particular document
provided such copies are for your use only and are not sold or distributed to
third parties. All such copies must contain the title page and this notice
page in their entirety.'

Cheers,
Vincent.