[Gdal-dev] processing SRTM-3?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 29 13:00:27 EDT 2004

Joaquim Luis wrote:
> Hi,
> I did a cvs yesterday night and now gdalinfo does not report the "GEOGCS[...
> lines anymore.
> This happens when reading a SRTM file.

Joaquim,

Is there an action item here?  Should it be reporting GEOGCS[]?  Is this
an ESRI BIL file?  What is in the .hdr?  Is there a .prj file?

Please provide more details, and assume I have forgotten everything you told
me before.  My interrupt beaten brain has alot of difficulty keeping track of
what is going on in the many email-slow conversations I am having at any
given time.

> However, gdalinfo of a ENVI or USGS SDST files those lines are reported.

Good.  It was you that reported the problem with the ENVI files not reporting
the coordinate system properly, right?