[Gdal-dev] Reading USGS ASCII DEMS

StefanReisser at t-online.de StefanReisser at t-online.de
Thu Jul 29 13:43:06 EDT 2004

Hello everybody! I have a question concerning the reading and input of
DEM files in USGS ASCII format:

As the quadrilateral, containing the height information, often has a
variable orientation in relation to the UTM grid, how can I just read
the values that do contain real height information. Futhermore, how can
I get the quadrilateral's UTM coordinates out of the DEM using GDAL
(note: I'm not interested in the corners of the rectangle, but the
corner's of the quadrilateral, the DEM itself.

Thanks and kind regards!

Stefan