[Gdal-dev] OpenEV Questions

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 31 18:41:01 EDT 2004

Hi John,

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:41:01 -0500, John Clonts <jclonts at hot.rr.com> wrote:

>(A)
>Can I use OpenEV to (1) load a png file, (2)interactively supply the
>georeference info, and (3)export it as a geotiff?  Its the (2) part I can't
>seem to accomplish.

You cannot do the (2)...
However, you can export it as a VRT dataset and then add the georeferencing to the .vrt file
manually, load it in OpenEV and export it as geotiff.

>(B)
>I am wanting to overlay (blend) two geotiffs together.  I have figured out
>how to set the layers' opacity so that it looks the way I want it.  But is
>there a way to output the blended ("flattened") image to a single geotiff?

I certainly would like to know the answer to that myself! I don't think it's possible... it would be
a nice feature to add.

Yeah, it would be better to continue this thread on openev-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net
--
Mario B.