[Gdal-dev] Landsat

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Mar 1 18:26:22 EST 2004

Clay, Bruce wrote:

> Are there any functions in the GDAL package for working with Landsat
> images, in particular merging multiple layers into a single (RGB) images
 > and selecting a specific subset of the image.

See the -projwin or -srcwin options of gdal_translate for the
subsetting. http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_utilities.html

You can use the "-b" option for selecting/reordering particular bands
but I believe all the bands have to in the same source file rather than
band1.tif, band2.tif, etc. (I would love to be proven wrong about this)

Somebody else will have to answer about accessing programmaticaly from
the library functions.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie