[Gdal-dev] Strange GeoTIFF error/gdal_merge.py

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Thu Mar 18 19:10:23 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:39, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> It had been my intention that GDAL would gracefully handle strips or
> tiles that have an offset and size of zero as "auto-nodata".  Apparently
> I did not complete that properly.   I will look into this.  Currently
> preinitializing to zero should resolve the problem but I realize that is
> not so easy to do.

I've only just joined this discussion so I might have missed something,
but the GDAL C API does contain a GDALFillRaster() function which allows
you to fill a band with a particular constant value. There's a
corresponding GDALRasterBand::Fill() C++ method as well.

I don't know if there are any python bindings for this function though
if that's what you need..

Cheers,

Sy