[Gdal-dev] How can I initialize the GDALDataset structures without calling GDALOpen

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Wed Mar 24 13:19:08 EST 2004

Hi,
I hope this not a very idiot question.
I want to write Matlab mex files that mimic the functionality of gdal_translate
and gdalwarp. The problem is that I already have the image data (and the
corresponding
info) in memory, and they where not obtained by a call to GDALOpen. As such, the
GDALDataset structures were not initialized and the rest of the code won't work.
My question is, how can I handle this situation?
Has someone solved this before? That is, is there any code that I can use as an
example?

Thanks

Joaquim Luis