[Gdal-dev] Transforming geographic coords from 0_360 to -180_180?

IMD Listuser imd_listuser at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 12:06:30 EST 2004

Greesting again list

I was able to use gdal_translate to create a GeoTIFF once I recompiled
gdal with the support for netCDF and the recently updated nmake.opt and
makefile(s). Thanks to Norman and Frank ;)

Now I have follow-on question(s)

-Is it possible to control the color depth of the output geotiff using
gdal_translate. I am not able to open the file in photoshop. The error
it throws is something like unsupported color depth.

-Can gdal_translate produce a world file along with the geotiff?

-The original bounds of the netCDF data are expressed in decimal degrees
from 0 to 360. What is the best way for me to convert to standard
hemispheric decimal degrees (-180 to 0 then 0 to 180)?

TIA

Charlie

Charlie Van Dusen
IM Design